Your chickens on pasture standing at the corner of their moveable pen, made by my husband, Jeff.
The chickens have access to grass and fresh air, and are moved daily to fresh green pasture.
Why buy our local pastured poultry?
- Their taste is comparable to none
- They are fed GMO-free feed
- They taste great
- They scavenge the ground for their own grass and bugs
- Their natural flavor will have you begging for more
- They are free of synthetic hormones, anti-biotics, and vaccines
- They are processed on-site
- Did I mention that they taste better than store bought chicken?
- All of this adds up to a healthier, more nutritious bird, which is all around better for you!
The price is $2.75/lb, dressed weight, with the birds averaging 4-5 pounds each.
If you live in the area, and are interested in coming to visit, please give us a call and let us know when you plan to stop by. Also, if you are interested in ordering, call 218-425-7532.
We will arrange several days for butchering beginning of July, which will also be the pick-up days. It will be fresh! To help keep our costs low, we have decided to have the customers bring their own packaging. A plastic gallon bag per chicken should be sufficient.
If you still aren't sure what the difference is between pastured home-grown chicken and factory-raised chicken, or aren't convinced of pastured chicken's benefits, I found this chart on someone else's homepage who also does pastured poultry. It plainly lays out the differences, which to me clearly points out the superior choice.
Hope to hear from you soon!