What have I been up to? A lot of the same stuff that I usually do...
- Beef Tongue
- Stock -- Here's a link for different stocks and how to use the stock once you make it. I hope to post about how I do it in the future
- Sourdough Bread -- I have yet to post on how I make it...
- Sourdough Pancakes -- My FAV pancakes ever! I made these in Virginia, up in northern MN while visiting my husband's grandma, AND at my parents' in central Iowa. Turns out awesome every time!
- Hamburgers on the grill (I think I make them different every time)
- Soaked brown rice -- Will post later how I soak it now, a way that helps to break down even more phytates
- Veggie stir fry made with bacon fat and coconut oil
And some new stuff:
- Grilled Yams -- Pretty tasty! Having fun with our "new" grill -- aka hand-me down and needs a new part
- Grilled Asparagus -- just wrap some asparagus up in tinfoil with butter and put on grill.
- Apple rhubarb cake -- my own creation... it was okay. Not good enough to post though!
- Rhubarb Applesauce -- using up stuff in the freezer!
- Buttermilk biscuits made with sprouted flour -- Yum! Got the recipe from an email from To Your Health Sprouted Flour Co.
I won't be posting too often the month of June as we house-hunt in northern Minnesota and then move there and get settled. Yes, for family and friends who are interested in knowing, we will be moving to northern Minnesota, near Roseau. My husband will be serving in a bi-vocational capacity... shepherding a small ELS church up there, and working as a farm hand to support our family. We still haven't nailed down where we'll be living, but we hope to take care of that within the next week or so, if possible. Meanwhile, I have to get to packing up this place!
Yes, there is some sadness in leaving the familiar and dear, but there is also excitement to venture out to the new and somewhat-unknown.
But the kitchen will never completely close, no matter where I'll be over the next month. I WILL continue my sourdough starter that I seem to be so obsessed with. And there will be more bread making this week as I prepare to continue to be a wandering nomad this upcoming month, as I was this past month.
Until next post...