Thursday, February 28, 2013

My Favorite Easy Cheesecake

I've got desserts on the mind. :-) And this is a good and easy one.

I found this recipe a couple months ago, and it's a keeper. I found a recipe that is basically the same here, but now, two months later, I can't find the exact recipe that I found before.

It's a crustless cheesecake, but I've also made a crust for it too... you know me, I have a hard time sticking to a recipe. I invented my own crust with some old tough crackers I made a long time ago. I used a big handful of dried figs* that I poured hot water over. After 30 minutes or so, I put them in the food processor to chop them up, then I mixed in the smashed crackers, and processed till it balled up. Then I spread it into a springform pan.
*These figs were old, we moved them probably 3x, from Albert Lea, to 2 places in Wannaska and down to MO! But there was nothing really wrong with them, so I was bound and determined to use them!

----
Crustless Cheesecake

2  8 oz. pkgs of cream cheese (not fat free or red. fat)
2/3 c. sugar
3 eggs
1/2 tsp. vanilla


Topping:
1 c. sour cream
1 tsp. vanilla
3 T. sugar


Beat first 4 ingredients till smooth and pour into a 9" greased pie pan. Bake for 22-25 min. in a 350 degree oven.
When done, turn off oven. Remove cheesecake and cool for 5 min. Spread the mixed topping ingredients on warm cheesecake and  return to oven for 5 minutes. Cool and refrigerate.
----
We enjoy this with strawberry sauce.


No comments:

Post a Comment