Thursday, February 28, 2013

My Favorite Vanilla Pudding

So it's the last day of February, and I thought I should make good on my promise earlier this month to post something that's been going on in my kitchen. This recipe isn't too complicated, and doesn't even require the soaking that is so common in many of my recipes, though it does use a smidge of whole wheat flour. I like it because it uses a lot of milk, and when I have milk that's starting to sour, I use that milk in this recipe.

This Vanilla Pudding recipe comes from one of my favorite cookbooks "Healthy Choices" put out by Keepers at Home. Sometimes I'll add an extra egg or two if there are extra to be had. If I have arrowroot powder, I will sub that for the cornstarch. It's another kind of thickener. Enjoy!



Vanilla Pudding

2 qt. milk
2 eggs
1/2 c. honey
1/2 c. cornstarch
1/2 c. whole wheat flour
1/2 tsp. salt
2 tsp. vanilla

Warm all but 2 cups milk in kettle. Put 2 cups milk and remaining ingredients into the blender. Blend and poru slowly into warmed milk, stirring constantly until thick. Remove from heat and cool. Whole wheat flour will leave a speckled appearance, but it's delicious anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment