While at my parents', I stumbled across a little cookbook called “101 Essential Tips: Cooking with Vegetables.” It mentioned an interesting way to prepare zucchini and carrots that I’ve never heard of before: cutting the veggies into long fine strands or ribbons with a swivel-bladed vegetable peeler. I was intrigued! I didn’t follow the recipe, except in making the zucchini and carrot “ribbons”. I thought the results were quite tasty!
Zucchini & Carrot Ribbons
- 3-4 Large Carrots
- 2 Medium Zucchini
- Salt & Pepper
- Dill, fresh or dried
- Cut carrots and zucchini into strands with the vegetable peeler.
- Pour ½ in. water into pan and get to a rolling boil.
- Add carrot ribbons. Cover and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add zucchini and cook another 1-2 minutes. (Don’t cook the zucchini too long, it will get soggy fast!)
- When done, remove from heat and drain.
- Top with butter and seasonings, and serve! It should serve about 4.