Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Zucchini and Carrot Ribbons


While at my parents', I stumbled across a little cookbook called “101 Essential Tips: Cooking with Vegetables.” It mentioned an interesting way to prepare zucchini and carrots that I’ve never heard of before: cutting the veggies into long fine strands or ribbons with a swivel-bladed vegetable peeler. I was intrigued! I didn’t follow the recipe, except in making the zucchini and carrot “ribbons”. I thought the results were quite tasty!

Zucchini & Carrot Ribbons

  • 3-4 Large Carrots
  • 2 Medium Zucchini
  • Salt & Pepper
  • Butter
  • Dill, fresh or dried

  1. Cut carrots and zucchini into strands with the vegetable peeler.
  2. Pour ½ in. water into pan and get to a rolling boil.
  3. Add carrot ribbons. Cover and cook for 2-3 minutes.
  4. Add zucchini and cook another 1-2 minutes. (Don’t cook the zucchini too long, it will get soggy fast!)
  5. When done, remove from heat and drain.
  6. Top with butter and seasonings, and serve! It should serve about 4.

No comments:

Post a Comment