Monday, February 1, 2010

Chicken Noodle Soup for the Snowed-in Soul


Well, it snowed yesterday on the first of Feb, and I made chicken noodle soup. (Is it spring yet?!)

On Sunday, my husband put a freshly butchered chicken in a crockpot to cook all afternoon, and the leftover meat and bones from supper I added water to on Monday morning about 9am and cooked the bones and meat until about 3pm. I dug out a ll the bones, put the meat back in, added a bunch of cut up carrots, celery, and green onions, added some more water and then simmered in my big stock pot at 3:30pm. I added some sea salt, pepper, sage and parsley. I'll taste it later and see if it needs more salt.

About half hour before supper time, I added some of my homemade sprouted flour noodles. I'll post on those later...

I maybe went a little overboard with the amount of water I added. Didn't need to stretch the soup quite so thin, but I just added some coconut oil to make it more satiating. All in all, a comforting meal. Judah likes to drink the liquid out of the soup with a straw. A handy trick I picked up somewhere along the line...

No comments:

Post a Comment