Monday, February 15, 2010

Marmalade update

I opened up the marmalade after the allotted three days and tasted the marmalade. It was very effervescent. Not bad, just different.

Because it is just juice and chunks of orange, I thought I'd try pureeing it in the Magic Bullet. I put some orange pieces with a little of the juice and pureed it, then put it on my sourdough pancake this morning. Not too bad. It just didn't get really smooth, so there were chunks of bitter rind. What I think I may do is puree the whole jar in my food processor so it gets to be like an applesauce consistency and then age it in my fridge for another few weeks to see if it thickens up a little. It will still probably have some bitterness, but I might add a bit of maple syrup with it to try and sweeten it a bit.

I'll keep you posted...

No comments:

Post a Comment